I’m almost the only guy with a Mac OS workstation in our company. On that behalf nearly every strange behavior and every service ticket with Mac OS comes on my desk.
Today I had a really interesting case. The main actors where Office 2011 for Mac and an enhanced NetScaler Exchange publishing. The Outlook for Mac refused to connect to Outlook Anywhere (formerly known as Outlook RPC-over-https).
We didn’t have a clue what could be the problem until we noticed, that Outlook for Mac won’t use the “/rpc” path. Instead it uses the “/ews”.
From here on we only used the well known steps to provide 401 authentication instead of 302 redirect on NetScaler AAA and set up the basic authentication for the Exchange / IIS Site. With that everything works fine…